Since 2015 the Women’s Business Council have recognised the exceptional work going on in areas identified by the Council as priorities:
- girls and young women starting out in their careers;
- women advancing in the workplace;
- the position of women in the third phase of their working lives;
- women entrepreneurs; and, critically,
- men, who often still hold positions of power, but who could do so much to be a force for changing that stubborn status quo.
The winners of these annual awards demonstrate the real commitment from within the business community and from the Government to drive forward change. The awards bring to light the extent of the work going on across the country to move the equality agenda forward - and have unearthed some inspirational stories.