Diversity and Inclusion: We believe that diversity, at Board level, within management and amongst staff is important to allow our business to grow and maintain our position as a leading innovator. Over the past 12 months we have made significant progress with our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) agenda. This includes:
- appointment of a Diversity Champion, Dawn Brooks, Group Service Director, who is a member of the Management Board;
- delivery of D&I awareness and engagement sessions for the plc. Board and Directors to ensure a shared understanding of our ambitions in regard to developing our diverse 2 global talent pool;
- development of policies that prevent bias in relation to recruitment and promotion including actively discussing diversity during succession planning;
- D&I were measured for the first time in our employee survey. This has given us a ‘baseline’ from which we can build upon;
- work with local universities and professional bodies to help raise awareness of women in science; and
- embedding diversity and cross cultural awareness in our Group wide development programmes. We have also taken steps to respond to the recommendations set out in the Davies Report and the related changes in the Corporate Governance Code as published by the FRC.