I joined Centrica in 2006 after graduating with a 1st Class Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from King’s College London. I was keen to join a medium size organisation that would allow me to make a positive impact from the start and to be recognised; Centrica was a perfect choice for me.
I have always kept a Professional Development Plan; in the first four years of my career I worked across Centrica Exploration & Production, Power, Storage and Midstream. I worked as an Integrity Engineer, Asset Analyst, Project Engineer and Maintenance Engineer.
I have held Senior and Principal engineering positions for Centrica Energy (CE) and as a result of my contribution to Integrity Management & Third Party Windfarm Development, I was awarded ‘Colleague of The Year 2010’. I continued to build on my engineering and leadership competencies to become a Chartered Mechanical Engineer and a member of the Engineering Council in 2011.
In December 2012 I moved to a Lead role within Centrica E&P Projects responsible for driving forward future gas field developments in CE.
One of the challenges I have faced in recent years is leading and managing highly experienced engineers and professionals onshore and offshore towards a common goal. For me, the key to success is confidence that is built on core training but largely through breadth of experience, the ability to work outside your comfort zone and to embrace change.
Some of the projects I have led and been responsible for are:
- Cross Functional Project Management on Depleted Gas Field Recovery
- Developing Business Strategies & Recommendations on Small Gas field Development
- Achieving Operations Excellence by Leading the Development of a New Engineering Change Procedure
- Performance Standard Compliance & Focal Point for HSE inspections
- Integrity Lead in Decommissioning and Abandonment of a Single Well
- Integrity Management for Jack-up Operations for Walk-to-Work Campaigns on Remote Platforms.
- Project Management of Software Development for Pipeline Integrity
- Integrity & Project Management of Inline inspection of Hydrocarbon Pipelines Offshore
I am a mentor for engineering graduates, a member of the Furness Skills Enterprise and a panel member of the IMechE Cumbria Region. I was also invited to attend the Prince’s Trust Oil Industry Guild at the Savoy by Centrica Senior Leadership Team in 2012.
My medium term ambition is to hold a Leadership role in Business Development within Centrica E&P and complete an Executive MBA to support me in this role.